The Wierdense Veld is a dug up peat area of approximately 400 acres. Now the Wierdense Veld is a unique nature preserve with lots of heath land, swampy mores and beautiful sights. You’ll find numerous bird species and deer in this very special area. To graze the heath land the Wierdense veld has her own sheep herd, complete with Sheppard and fold.
Our farm is centrally positioned between the areas Twente and Salland and offers therefore a lot of possibilities to discover these parts, one of the highlights being National Park de Sallandse Heuvelrug, by foot, bike or on horseback. There are a lot of trails set out for you to enjoy this characteristic landscape. On application we have several hiking, biking and riding trails available for you. You can also visit one of the castles, mills and museums in the surrounding area.
All in all a lot of possibilities in the Regge area, Twente and Salland.
Below some of our trip tips:
- Recreatieveld het Lageveld—Wierden
- Sport en recreatiebad De Kolk—Wierden
- Avonturenpark Hellendoorn—Hellendoorn
- Hop-on Hop-off tour – Reggestreek
- Varen over de Regge met een fluisterboot of kano – Zuna
- De Boshoeve Activiteiten – Hoge Hexel
- Theehuys de Grimberg – Notter
- Nationaal Park de Sallandse Heuvelrug
- Wierdense Veld
- De Oosterhof en Volkspark—Rijssen
Mills, museums and castles
- Stadsboerderij het wevershuisje—Almelo
- Rijksmuseum Twenthe— Enschede
- Huis Eerde—Ommen
- Kasteel Twickel—Delden